Monday, August 2, 2010

Thank you!

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your prayers. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to write more to you all. Gene’s kids and mine have all been here trying to help, but I just haven’t felt like I can leave Gene’s bedside for long. The kids have been sitting with him the last two nights so I could get some sleep in my own bed. Trying to sleep in a chair is almost impossible! I’m so tired, that I just come home, try to read your sweet emails and comments, and then I plop into bed!

I’m really not sure what Gene’s recovery is going to be yet. They found some bleeding in the brain. We are told this is normal, but not good if it continues. He is looking so much better and is stronger. He is saying some words. He is very frustrated. (One can only imagine.) The physical therapists worked with him yesterday and were amazed that he could stand up with them. They seemed very optimistic for the rehab of his right side which is affected.

Today he needs to pass the swallow test, so he can eat and drink. Please pray that he will pass it. He let me know he is starving, the poor guy.

Please pray for me to be strong. It is tearing my heart out to see him like this. I know there is hope, as I have heard from friends who know of friends or family who had the same issues and are doing great! I know the Lord hears our prayers.

I’m learning this is really a day by day experience. I will write when I have time. I have to write from my home computer.

Gene was in really good spirits yesterday. It was wonderful to see him smiling and even laughing. It felt so good for both of us.

I know the Lord has a plan, and I know He is in Control.
Please pray that I keep that in my heart and soul!

Thank you so much!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment