Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Waiting and Patience

Again, I am filling in for Susan. I just wanted to share my experience with Patience and Waiting. Since May 11 I have known that I would have to have surgery. I didn't know at that time how extensive, but the doctor told me when I awoke after the colonoscopy that I would have to have surgery. I have never been a patient person and I hate to wait. I hate to wait for a red light to turn green and I hate to wait for vacations or holidays. When I want something or feel I need something - I want it right now. I lack the patience to wait for anything. I become impatient with people whom I think are acting or reacting too slow. I am impatient to get things done. When I am given a job to do - I want it done now and I start right away. When I was in school, I always got my homework completed as soon as I got it and term papers or special projects were also completed as soon as possible. So, the waiting for my surgery has been a test of patience. In a way I think I could wait forever for this surgery and yet I want it over and done with. I have always asked God for more patience and isn't it funny how God teaches me this lesson. He has put an event in my life that I dread and yet I want to get it over with. This dilemma is teaching me more about God's timing - not mine. The whole situation has taught me to turn it all over to God with faith and trust in Him. I still marvel at the "normal" life I am living daily in spite of the looming surgery. This serenity and peace of mind is from Him. He knew that I needed time to ponder the whole situation to be able to accept it. How Great is our God. I can't begin to express the love I have for Him and the gratitude I have for the valuable lessons He has taught me just through this one trial in my life. I am so grateful for two wonderful parents who raised me up to know the Lord. I have always lived with Him and loved Him - but not like I do today. He is my world and I praise him. There are times at night or in the wee hours of the morning when I am all alone and afraid - but not alone because I have the Lord with me and who better to whisper words of comfort and hope to me than the Lord. I am still learning to wait upon the Lord and I cast all my care upon Him - for he cares for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment