Monday, August 2, 2010

JUST BELIEVE

Hi everyone - Susan has asked me to blog while she is with Gene. We all need to keep them in our prayers.

I found out the date for my surgery. It will be Friday, August 27. It's so hard to imagine that I have to have my colon removed when I feel so healthy. I feel energetic and I have absolutely no problems from all the polyps that are in my colon. However, I know that God led me to this point and I know that He wants me around for a little longer. The events that happened to lead me to the colonoscopy were from Him. I will have a new beginning and I trust the Lord now more than I ever have. At first it was the scariest thing I've ever faced, but the Lord has given me the time and patience to work it out in my mind and I am almost at peace with the surgery. I know that Jesus will be holding my hand and I picture bending down at his feet to touch his robe and being healed. He constantly tells me "Be not afraid - just believe". I cannot tell you what peace this brings to my soul. I find that dwelling on the Lord and taking me eyes off of me helps in ways beyond understanding. The peace of mind that has come to me lately is a gift from God.

I sat down Saturday morning and listed all the things that God has blessed me with. It was a beautiful experience to see how he has been there and "fixed" things for me the past few months. Although I have been through the fire, He has been there to keep me from harm. He has blessed my daughter with no polyps - she just had a colonoscopy because of me. He has blessed my sister with no polyps - she as well had a colonoscopy because of me. He healed my puppy's broken leg and he has provided for my husband and I financially. I am truly blessed and I know He will continue to bless me through the surgery and healing process. All I have to do is "just believe".

I know I am weak, but He is strong - yes, Jesus loves me.

Please pray for Gene's healing and strength and rest for Susan
Bonnie's healing of her tumor
Miriam's healing by a miracle or successful hip surgery on Aug. 14
Sandy's healing by a miracle or successful surgery
Nancy a job
Butch to hear from his daughter

2 comments:

  1. Sandy, Thank you for sharing. August 27th is my birthday. I have been praying for you, and I will especially pray on that day. I see so clearly God's grace and hand in all of this. May His grace abound and be given to you as you need to continue on.
    Your sister in Him,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Sandra! Thank you for taking time to write! Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete