Monday, August 23, 2010

Peace be Still

From Sandy -

I read Susan's post and I identify so much with what she has stated. We do have to trust the Lord around every bend. As the lyrics to Carrie Underwood's song "Jesus Take the Wheel" goes:

"Jesus Take The Wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

Oh, I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
save me from this road I'm on
From this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel
Oh take it from me"

I sometimes feel like I'm sitting in a car without a steering wheel and no brakes. It seems like I was traveling down a peaceful and sometimes boring road when the steering wheel and brakes were taken away from me. It's at these times in life when there's no one who can help but the Lord. He alone is with me every second of every day. He alone knows my fears, my hopes, and my dreams - sometimes even before I recognize them. He travels this journey with me and He's always there for me in times of fear and dread. He is my rock, my strength and my fortress. I've had to trust Him and Him alone for my own sanity. I look up into my Savior's beautiful face and see the hope, love and strength that I need to get me through this present trial. I know He will be there during surgery and recovery. He is always with me and I love Him most of all. There's a peace that passes all understanding and He has chosen to bring me that peace.

I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

No comments:

Post a Comment