Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I am sad today

More from Sandy -

I am really not doing good today. I love animals and as silly as this may sound to some people, my pet chicken "Chicky Chick" died today. She was fine yesterday and she ate and drank last night but today we noticed that she was not able to keep her head up or stand up. I gave her some antibiotics and water, but it was too late. I feel as if I just lost a very good friend. She was always talking to me and she was a beautiful little chicken. She was born here in our back yard and I tried so hard to take care of her. I don't know what happened, but she is gone.

I know the Lord knows when a sparrow falls to the ground and He keeps track of them, so I know He was aware of my little chicken. I'm afraid I have nothing spiritual or uplifting to say right now. I am fighting back tears and I am also crying for myself. It's been one tough year and it has been a struggle. I lost my pot belly pig this year and my colon is being removed and I am just giving in to the losses in my life right now. I look at animals as being able to love and receive love back and that is what I've always tried to do with my animals is love them.

I know that this too shall pass, but for right now I feel devastated. The loss of my pet has brought back all the fear and anxiety that I have been handling pretty well. All I can do is trust in God. I am weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment