Friday, August 13, 2010

Thank you for your prayers!

I'm sorry that I haven't given many updates. I get up early and stay late with Gene at the hospital. I have never been through a major medical event prior to this. I never fully realized what a toll it takes on the loved one, the family, and yourself. My husband, Gene, had a large stroke. We have been on a nightmare rollercoaster ride. It seems like every day for the last 14 days something major has happened. He had to have bladder surgery, he had a bladder infection, a special filter surgery (sorry I can't remember what it is called) for two blood clots that they found, a feeding tube surgery, and yesterday, double pneumonia.

Yesterday afternoon, I thought he was dying. He was in such misery, I could hardly sit by him and watch him laboring to breathe. I sat praying for him, and I know lots of people are praying for him. In the early evening, he came out of it and was the most alert I've seen him since the stroke! He was smiling, trying to talk, and even got out "Hi kid", when I walked into the room once. It was really a miracle that everyone could see! I'm praying that we have "turned the corner", and he will begin to recover now.

I haven't called yet to see how he is this morning. He is in a rehab hosptial and they don't allow visitors to stay past 9:00 p.m. It is a good thing for the spouse and family. The nurses at the rehab are wonderful, so I have been able to relax a little. I know he is in good hands. I also know the Lord is watching over him. I wish I had time to tell you all the Lord has done to make this journey easier. He has walked ahead of us the whole way.

Please keep praying for Gene. He still needs to pass the "swallow test" so that he can eat on his own. Also, please pray for his recovery of his speech, his right arm, and leg.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and sweet emails. The prayers have been mighty, and the emails have touched my heart to the core.

I miss getting to write or read Sandy's blog. I did just read them, and Sandra you are blessing me through your words. I'm sorry about your chicken. It doesn't sound strange to me at all, I use to have a pet turkey. Hurkey Turkey was an amazing pet too!

I don't know when I will have time to write again. Our kids have had to go back home, so I will be on my own. I pray a blessing from the Lord on all of you!

In Jesus' love,
Susan

Please pray for Gene (healing), Sandy (colon surgery), Miriam (hip surgery), Bonnie (healing), Susan (to keep the joy of the Lord and that it may shine to others)

1 comment:

  1. Be strong Susan. I know that you walk with the Lord and He is right there with you and Gene. He will never leave you nor forsake you. God will make a way!

    Love you dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete