Monday, May 30, 2011

Blessed Assurance

From Sandy -
My heart is truly rejoicing today. Ron is still off the ventilator - they have taken the feeding tube out of his nose - his infections are gone. The next step in this loooooong recovery is for him to come home. I want everyone everywhere to know that the Lord does indeed answer prayers. I know in my heart with blessed assurance from the Lord himself that Ron is on the road to recovery and to coming home. My prayer now is for Ron to be able to come home to me before he goes home to be with the Lord.
I have never prayed so hard in my life. I have never leaned so hard on God. I have ended my prayers imagining myself touching the hem of Jesus's robe begging Him to heal Ron. I have felt the hand of God touch me with blessed assurance. This healing is a miracle, a gift from God.
Psalm 27:14 always has told me to "Be strong and take heart". I have felt God's strength in me when I couldn't make it on my own. Taking heart, I have always known that "this too shall pass".
I have spoken in an earlier post of "surrendering" Ron. I do believe that once I let go and let God, the Lord stepped in and took control. It was a Tuesday afternoon when Reche Canyon called 911 for Ron - he was very sick with a high fever. He was taken to Loma Linda Hospital and there his journey to recovery and healing was beginning. Yes - he had pneumonia, a blood infection, bowel infection, urinary tract infection - but that was what got him to Kaiser Hospital, Fontana where he was diagnosed with all the infections and given medication and care. That's where the doctors and nurses took the time to wean him off of the ventilator. That's where the feeding tube was removed and now he is eating on his own. That's where the Lord chose to work miracles.
I continue to pray and thank the Lord for his devine help. He is there for anyone who chooses to come to him. He has enveloped me with "Blessed Assurance" - the heavy burdens have been lightened immensely. My Savior lives and He has walked with me throughout this nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment