Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Prayer

From Sandy -
I have prayed many times and many different ways for Ron. At first, I prayed for him to live. As time went on and Ron was not getting better, I prayed for him to get off the ventilator and for the Lord to heal him. I have prayed for God's will - I have prayed for the Lord to end Ron's suffering one way or another. I have prayed with faith and I have prayed with doubts. I have prayed with friends and family, I have prayed alone bowing down to the Lord on all fours. I have prayed with thanksgiving and I have prayed with discouragement and desparation. I have taken the time to stop during my prayers and listen to what the Lord might be telling me. I have prayed before opening the Bible and prayed with thanksgiving after closing my Bible.
Prayer is such an important part of my life. It's only through prayer and coming to the Lord that I feel the real and true peace that passes all understanding. It's when I turn worries and concerns over to Him that I realize everything will turn out to be "just fine". I have had so many people tell me how strong I have been throughout this ordeal - with my surgery and with Ron's heart attack. This strength is not coming from me - it's coming from the Lord. I sometimes feel as if I am going to lose my mind if one more thing happens - then I realize that I can go to the Lord and tell Him my fears and concerns and He calms me down right away. I feel His love and His gentle touch giving me the hope and strength to carry on. Sometimes the Lord comforts me through His word in the Bible. Sometimes I envision Him just holding me and loving me and comforting me - drying the tears that are falling down my cheek.
Prayer is what has been my strength throughout this "nightmare" of events. Through Prayer I have come to know the Lord in a very special way and He is my strength and my shield. He has gone before me and paved the way for my footsteps. He is always with me and will never leave me or forsake me. For these reasons, I take courage and know that the sun will shine again - Great is His faithfulness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment