Friday, May 6, 2011

I will call upon the Lord as long as I live

From Sandy -

Ron is not progressing as I hoped he would after his stay at the hospital. He is so very weak. Of course the hospital did not feed him for four and a half days during his stay due to tests that had to be done. All the while the doctor was telling me he was malnourished. I could not stand seeing him lying there without food or nourishment for such a long time. He has gotten so thin and has no appetite. How the doctors could have taken him off of all feeding while he was already malnourished is beyond me. In my opinion they should have strived to nourish him and then conducted the procedures and tests after he was stronger. I have to admit that tonight I am very disappointed in the hospital care that Ron got - I had a nurse practitioner ask me if I wanted to take him off of all life support and just give him comfort support. I can't begin to tell you how this struck me like a bolt of lightning. Ron is coherent, he eats, writes, walks (with assistance), talks, and definitely wants to get better. What a cold, cruel world we live in that wants to discard someone because they may be elderly and ill. I can't put into words how this has affected me.

The one comfort I have right now is knowing that the Lord is in charge. I don't have to fret and run around like a hampster in a wheel. I just have to trust in the Lord knowing that He overcomes trouble and sorrow. He hears my voice and my supplications. Although I am being "brought low" I know He will help me. He is my eternal hope. I trust the Lord to take our sorrows and tribulations and make them into blessings. I have committed Ron unto the Lord and He will protect and preserve him.

No comments:

Post a Comment