Saturday, May 7, 2011

Infection in the G-Tube

From Sandy -

Ron has an infection in the g-tube. It's the tube that was inserted in his stomach to feed him. It now is showing blood and around the tube itself it is red and swollen. I would appreciate prayers for him. He thinks he is dying. I told him he was not. I don't feel that this is going to kill him. They are administering antibiotics and hopefully they will do the trick.

When Ron started crying today, I was absolutely brought to my knees. At this point, I don't know what to tell him or what to tell myself. I prayed for him aloud in front of him. He listened. I prayed for the Lord to heal him and make him whole. To strengthen him and grant him peace, love and serenity. Ron stopped crying after my prayer. I know the Lord heard and answered. I shut myself in the restroom after that and prayed again. I went away feeling that Ron would overcome this setback.

To all of you who have been through something like this or are facing something like this - the only way I can overcome fear, despair, heartache - is to trust the Lord. I am doing this right now as I sit here in front of my computer. I sought the Lord and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears.

1 comment:

  1. My heart aches for the two of you. Im praying. Im thankful that Ron felt the Lord's love and peace when you prayed. I pray this is why the Lord took him to this point, may his body and lungs begin to heal that he might know the Lord hears and answers our prayers. I love you!

    ReplyDelete