Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hanging on to hope

From Sandy -
Different day, different story. That's what is happening on a daily basis with Ron. Day before yesterday he was not good at all. He was tied down to his bed because he was pulling out the feeding tube in his nose. He was agitated and looked horrible - he was "out of it". Yesterday he was calm and looked great. He was untied from the restraints on his bed and actually smiled when I told him I loved him. I continue to be baffled by this roller coaster ride. The Lord is in control of every second of our lives and I put my hope and faith in Him. I don't know what to expect next - The Lord has truly shown me how powerless I am over our lives. The power that we all have is to turn our lives over to Jesus Christ. I forget that and think I can make things better, I can try one more suggestion with the nurses or doctors. I can't do anything except the very most important thing - That's going to the Lord in prayer and trusting Him for the results. I know that sometimes unanswered prayer is God's way of answering our prayers. I have learned so much about the Lord through these trials. I have never lost hope - as long as I know the Lord and love Him with all my heart and soul - hope springs eternal.
I can walk through this day and every day doing the best I can to make me an instrument of God's love. I will be unafraid. I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, the world will give to me. The Lord provides love, calm and peace to us when we accept it. I will let my problems go so that the Holy Spirit can operate in my life and my prayers. There's always hope, faith and tomorrow, and the Lord is tomorrow.
Why are thou cast down, O my soul? and why are thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
I hope in God - I shall yet praise him. He hears my prayers and loves me just the way I am. What a perfect and beautiful love that is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment