Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I will not despair

From Sandy -

Went to see Ron today. I took him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He ate almost all of it and drank a small carton of milk. He looked healthy and seemed to be doing much better. The G-Tube is looking better too. He is taking an antibiotic for the area around the g-tube and the swelling has gone down - no longer looking as bad as it did on Saturday.

What a ride this roller coaster is. Just when I think things look bleak, everything takes a turn for the better. I have come close to despair - giving up - wanting to run away. Of course I wouldn't do this, but I want life to return to "normal". Right now Ron being sick and in a hospital bed is "normal". My going to see him every day is "normal". Ron breathing on a ventilator is "normal". I have not given up hope that this "normal" will improve. I cannot despair as long as I trust the Lord,. I wait patiently for Him to take action. Well, sometimes not so patiently, but I do wait upon the Lord.

As Psalms 27:14 says -
Be strong and take heart.

Be strong, He has not failed you
In all the past,
and will He go and leave you
to sink at last?
No, He said He will hide you
Beneath His wing;
And sweetly there in safety
You then may sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment