Monday, June 6, 2011

Seeing the beginning of the rainbow

From Sandy -
Just wanted to share a few words tonight about how I am feeling. It's not just feelings that I have - it's knowing that the Lord is working in Ron's life and lifting him off of that bed of infection, weakness, and illness. Ron is still in the hospital. He is still off of the ventilator. The Lord has answered my prayers by being Ron's ventilator. He is the one that is giving Ron the strength to breathe - Ron no longer needs the support of a machine. He does get oxygen, but that's no big deal compared to the ventilator. Ron's bowel obstruction has passed and he is starting to take clear liquids. Kaiser Hospital in Fontana has been very good to him. The doctors want to make sure Ron is eating on his own and having no secretions in his chest before they move him to Reche Canyon. I know that soon Ron will be coming home. This is such a wonderful gift - Ron's life. I keep praying that throughout this ordeal Ron has had the time to think about the Lord. I so want Ron to know Jesus as I do.
Hebrews 11:1 says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". I have hoped for so many things during these past months - and I know that although I can't See the conclusion of all these many months of crisis - I am assured by God's love and his Word and the Holy Spirit that the crisis is winding down. There are better days ahead.
Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him".

No comments:

Post a Comment