Monday, June 27, 2011

Heavily Burdened

From Sandy -
Today I am feeling heavily burdened. Ron is still in the hospital and yet "another" doctor has told us his opinion concerning Ron's health. This doctor said that Ron's lungs are bad and he doesn't have "years" left. He did not give us a time frame, but in essence he told us that Ron is very weak and very sick with lots wrong with him. However, this doctor did tell us that we could pray - and this could turn things around.
I believe in prayer. I just finished praying today and though I have been feeling depressed, right now I know that the conversation I had with the Lord has lifted me up. I feel lighter as He has lifted some of my burdens - I should say all of my burdens.
I am experiencing loneliness for the first time. Ron and I have never shared alot together - although I do love him so much. I have lots of friends and they have always been a sustaining force throughout my life - no matter what I was going through. Right now I don't have time for friends. I can't make any plans because I never know what is going to happen to Ron. This is my loneliness - being cut off from my friends. I think God has brought me to this place where He alone can sustain me. He alone is my refuge from the despair and loneliness that I am facing. He has not left me in despair because going to Him in prayer changes things. He lifts me up and helps me to find things to rejoice over. It's such a miracle that the Lord can spend so much time with someone such as I. He can love me in spite of my sinfulness. What a miracle when I really think about it. He loves us all that way. We are as numerous as the grains of sand on the seashore - and yet he spends the time and gives the love to each and every one of us. What a friend I have in Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment