Sunday, April 3, 2011

There's always hope

From Sandy - Ron is back at Reche Canyon. He was finally put back in his original room and reunited with his roommate and buddy, Jerry. What a blessing that was! Reche Canyon Rehab was totally full and someone else was in the room and bed where Ron was when he left. I was so afraid he would not get back to that room - but he did!! Ron gets so anxious and stressed. I know he is scared and everytime people come in to check on him he's afraid something is wrong. I have been praying that the Lord just surround Ron with His peace that passes all understanding. Ron is eating a little by mouth and that's such a good thing. They removed the catheter - another good thing. Now we have the G-Tube (stomach feeding tube) and the ventilator. Two down and two to go. I have hope. It's true that this whole thing has been a wild roller coaster ride and when that ride goes down - so do my hopes. However, I feel in my heart and soul that the Lord will heal Ron completely. Of course, that's easy for me to say right now because Ron is better (I think). I have asked God to guide my every thought and action as I seek to do what is best for Ron and our financial situation. I have also asked God to put the right feelings in my heart. So far, everything I feel and have read in my "Streams in the Desert" book and the Bible indicate that the Lord is healing Ron. Even though it seems really hard right now for Ron to ever be weaned off of the ventilator, I know that no earthly circumstance can hinder the fulfillment of God's Word. I must look steadfastly at God's Word and not at the uncertainty of this everchanging world. When once His Word is past, When He has said "I will", The thing will come at last; God keeps His promise still. AND GOD SAID.... AND IT WAS SO.

2 comments:

  1. I continue to pray God's strength for you Sandy, and I will pray God's peace that surpasses all understanding for Ron. "Streams in the Desert" is such a powerful devotional while going through these kinds of trials. It allows us to see God's tenderness through His words of refreshment. I'm so happy it is blessing you. I can read in your words that He is gathering you up in His arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie - thank you for your wonderful and kind words. I have never been closer to God than I have been lately. I am never alone, He is always with me. I love "Streams in the Desert" - that book has blessed me in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete