Monday, April 18, 2011

Trusting the Lord through our trials

From Sandy - I have had some of the worst months of my life in the past year plus. It's a good thing we don't know the future, because If I had known that these trials would be coming up - it would have made it much worse just with the anticipation. I have gone through alot and I never walked alone. The Lord was with me and went before me in all of them. I am now alone in my home since Ron is in rehabilitation and there are times I do get lonely and scared. All I have to do is stop and realize that I am never alone - The Lord is with me and will never fail me or forsake me.

I am so greatful for the Lord and how He has revealed himself to me in so many ways during these times of tribulation. I feel His presence and know that he is directing my path. However, when I start to take things in my own hands - that's when things get screwed up. God kows the beginning from the end and if I trust Him with the outcome - there is a rainbow and a bright and sunny new day at the end of it.

I wish I knew how to tell Ron about my love for the Lord. He doesn't want to hear. I have tried to tell him about the love that Jesus has for Him but he has to be able to open his ears so he can let the words in. He has to open his soul to let the Lord come in and work his miracles. I have to pray for the Lord Jesus Christ to open Ron's mind and soul to the love that Jesus has for him. I know the difference He has made in my life - if only Ron would allow Him to make a difference in his life. I have learned throughout life that we have to hit bottom before we realize there is something wrong and before we realize that we need help. Ron has gone through alot and suffered alot, I pray for him that he accepts Jesus as his personal Savior and knows the difference his life will be with Jesus. I still know for myself "I want Jesus to walk with me".

Through the trials I have experienced - I have been closer to the Lord than ever before. this in itself is a blessing. I have found that as long as I have my faith and the love of God - I have everything. The riches of this earth mean nothing if you don't have the peace that passes understanding and know that the Lord is with you through thick and thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment