Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In the eye of the storm

From Sandy -

Well once again I feel like I am in the eye of the storm. Ron is back in the hospital. He has lost blood and needed a blood transfusion. He looked so pale on Easter and I knew something was just not right. I had to ask the Doctor to take a blood test and that's when it was found out that his hemoglobin count was 7.4. Normal runs around 10-12. His was so low that he was not getting enough oxygen to the brain.

He will be having a colonoscopy and an endoscopy today. I know he is fearful but the Lord is with him. I don't know if Ron is aware of that, but the Lord is indeed there with him.

I told you a few days ago that I surrendered Ron unto the Lord. I indeed have done that. I didn't panic when I was told he needed a blood transfusion and I was the one to ask that he be moved to the hospital to have tests done. It makes no sense to give him a transfusion when they don't know what the problem is.

I feel as if I am running around in circles. I have not had too many times to just sit and relax. That's o.k. though because I am an energetic person. It just gets sometimes very confusing I have so much to accomplish in a day. I am going to be heading over to the hospital to see what is going on with Ron. I have not said my morning prayers yet, but you know that I will ask the Lord to surround Ron with comfort and peace. I will ask the Lord to keep him in the palm of His hand and minister unto him.

I will patiently wait to see the good God will do in our lives with the calm assurance that He will do it.

One of my favorite songs is "Master the Tempest is Raging" - it describes so much what I am going through - and the promise that there is peace and serenity and the sunshine after this.

Master the tempest is raging
the bellows are tossing high
The sky is oershadowed with blackness
No shelter or help is nigh
Carest thou not that we perish?
How canst thou lie asleep
When each moment so madly is threatening
A grave in the angry deep

The winds and the waves obey they will
peace be still
Whether the wrath of the storm tossed sea
or demons, or men or whatever it be
No water can swallow the ship where lies
The master of ocean and earth and skies
They all shall sweetly obey thy will
peace be still peace be still
They all shall sweetly obey thy will
Peace be still

Master, with anguish of spirit
I bow in my grief today
The depths of my sad heart are troubled
Oh, waken and save, I pray!
Torrents of sin and of anguish
sweep o'er my sinking soul
and I perish I perish dear Master
Hasten and take control

Master the terror is over
The elements sweetly rest
Earth's sun in the calm lake is mirrored
and heaven's within my breast
Linger, Oh blessed Redeemer
Leave me alone no more
And with joy I shall make the blest harbor
And rest on the blissful shore!

No comments:

Post a Comment