Friday, April 8, 2011

Proverbs 23:18

From Sandy - Proverbs 23:18 "For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off". This verse is so meaningful to me. I know it is meaningful to others too that are going through hard times. The Lord is telling me that there will be an end to Ron's illness and our trials and that our hope will not be cut off. The Lord so often speaks to me through His Holy Bible. I was reading my "Streams in the Desert" book and came upon this verse for April 6. It was as if God himself had given His word to reassure me and let me know that my hopes for Ron will be fulfilled. I'm so glad that I have come to know the Lord in such a way that He is truly my Heavenly Father. I think of Him sometimes as a loving Father who knows all the answers, can calm all the storms, and heal all the disease and suffering. At other times I think of Him as the Creator - the beginning and the end. The Holy Lord God Almighty who reigns over heaven and earth. It's a miracle to me that He even knows about me and listens to my prayers. Yet - I know that He does and I know that He loves someone even as insignificant as myself. For Him to speak to me as He did tonight through His word, I feel so blessed and truly in awe of Him. This verse is a work in progress in my life and Ron's. Ron is better. He can feed himself, walk a few steps with assistance, and he is also in the process of being weaned off the ventilator. All of this is taking time, but I know that there is an end to Ron's illness and he is definitely taking baby steps each day getting better. Even though he can be grouchy, he is getting stronger and doing what is requested of him by the therapists at Reche Canyon to recover. I guess it's a sign he is getting better when he is cranky and grouchy because he is fighting the illness with all that he's got. He wants to come home and I just have to try and be more patient and understanding of where he is coming from. His life has been put on hold since his heart attack and he has literally been to Hell and back. I would be cranky too. For those of you that know Susan - her Mother passed away this week. Please keep her in your prayers. She has suffered great loss this year and she needs all of our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment