Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Surrender

From Sandy - this morning I woke up and read the most beautiful thing from "Streams in the Desert". For April 19, it talks about the vs. Exodus 13:14 "Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today". It goes on to say that when we are confronted with dire circumstances and extraordinary difficulties, we need to stand firm listening only to the Master's word. The world would have me give up - lie down and die. But, even in the worst of times God wants us to be courageous, cheerful, and rejoicing in His love, faithfulness and deliverance.

I am quoting a beautiful poem from "Streams in the Desert" -

Be quiet! Why this anxious heed
About your tangled ways?
God kows them all. He gives you speed
And He allows delays.
it's good for you to walk by faith
and not by sight.
Take it on trust a little while.
Soon will you read the mystery aright
In the full sunshine of His smile.

What does this have to do with surrendering? I have tried to force my will and my ways of thinking upon Ron. I have tried to make it right for him. I have tried to take his illness in my own hands amd force the doctors and nurses to do things my way. I have not been able to let go. I have not given God much of a chance to do His work on Ron. I surrendered Ron to the Lord this morning. I can't make him well, I can't get him off of the respirator, I can't force him to eat, or get up out of bed. I surrender onto God the life of my husband. Ron is far better in the Lord's hands than mine. I do trust the Lord and I stand firm on his word. His word that he has revealed to me over and over again that He would take care of things and make things better. I surrender all to the Lord Jesus Christ. Once I let go, He can work His miracles and His will can be accomplished for Ron's life.

1 comment:

  1. Im standing with you, Sandra. I will pray for strength to let the Lord work, I know it can be hard when you love someone so much.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete