Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our thorns in life

From Sandy - The Lord uses the pain and suffering in our lifes to lead us to a life that is filled with Him and His blessings. I know this because I have been through some stuff in the last 13 months and through it all I have sought the Lord. Through it all, the Lord has blessed me. I have found out who my true friends really are and I know that they love me as I love them. I have found that I am stronger than I thought I was (through God's help). I have found out that I can make financial decisions that are wise - something I have never done before (again with God's guidance and help). I have met so many wonderful people throughout this year. Ron's roommate is simply the best. I know he has suffered greatly from West Nile Virus and was paralyzed - he has such a wonderful attitude and he blesses my husband daily just by sharing the same room with him. My daughter and her boyfriend have always been there for me when I have needed help. I am never alone - not only are my children and freinds there for me - most of all I have come to know that the Lord - He is with me and walks with me throughout all I am going through. The Lord, He it is that doth go before me - He is with me, He will not fail me nor forsake me; I will fear not, neither be dismayed. These are words straight from the Bible and this is the verse that I will cling to for the rest of my life. Although the thorns have hurt and caused pain, I know that these thorns have caused wonderful growth in my life. My life has changed and I am completely one of God's children. He has me - He has won me over. I do believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior and the Lord God Almighty as my Heavenly Father. What a most blessed life I have as long as I continue to walk down the path with Jesus as my guide. I have to admit that there are times I don't feel quite so blessed, but tonight I just had to share how I feel about my Lord. I have been such a sinner and so selfish and so judgmental, yet through it all the Lord has been there and loved me through all that I have and am going through. He is the air I breathe, the love I feel, the beauty that I see - He is my Heavenly Father, Savior and Counselor. In the midst of these thorns, I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment