Monday, July 5, 2010

Yes, He Hears Us!

I'm so excited to share this! In my last blog, July 3rd, I talked briefly about when the Lord reveals something to me or answers a prayer, how quickly the memory of it fades.

Sitting in church yesterday, I couldn't believe it. Our pastor, Chris Brown, spoke about that very thing! He talked about the Israelites crossing the Jordan river, and how the Lord caused the river to stand in a "heap", allowing the Israelites to cross on dry ground. (Exodus 3)

Then, Chris pointed out what an unbelievable, unforgettable miracle this was. Yet, God, knew the memory of it would fade in the Israelites' minds. So, God commanded Joshua to build a memorial of stones so His miracle would be remembered "forever"!

As I listened to Chris teach, I couldn't help thinking that the Lord had him teach on this subject just for me! LOL I know I'm special to Him, but really now! What I did realize is that most of us must struggle with keeping the special miracles in our lives that we receive from God alive in our hearts and minds.

So, I think the message for me is to figure out a way to build a memorial each time. The question is how? Do you have a method that you use? I hope you will share your method or ideas!

Blessings!

Susan
p.s. If you ever want to email me for any reason, I have put up my email address. Sorry, I did not link it because of spammers. I would love to hear from you!

Please continue to pray for Bonnie's healing of her tumor!

No comments:

Post a Comment