Friday, July 16, 2010

My Wilderness

First, I would like to say, “THANK YOU”, to Sandy for her willingness to open her heart up and bare her soul. I know we will all continue to be blessed by her blogs. It will be exciting to see how the Lord uses Sandy’s witness in the future! Please continue to lift her up to the Lord in your prayers. (Also, a huge "THANK YOU" to those who took the time to write on the blog. Your words have touched my heart.)

In my last blog, I shared with you the wonderful miracles of how our Lord led me to salvation. I think it is also important to tell you the sad fact that just as the Israelites wandered in the wilderness, forgetting all of God’s incredible miracles, I did too.

During my many years of wandering misguidedly in life, I hurt many loved ones. I have since asked the Lord and my loved ones for forgiveness. I know the Lord has forgiven me, and amazingly, so have my family and friends.

Forgiveness does not mean there will not be consequences. Unfortunately, those don’t suddenly vanish upon forgiveness. The consequences of my sins and disobedience still pop up in my life. I am not bitter about this, I did it to myself. It is a constant reminder of my need to look to Him. At the same time, however, the Lord has shown me His great love and blessings in so many ways, especially with the love of those same family members and friends!

I know this for sure, Jesus said, “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s Hand.” (John 10:29) Yes, I wandered and sinned, but He delivered me out of my wilderness! I'm still not perfect by any means, but I know I'm right there in my Father's Hand!

Praising His Holy Name!

Susan

Prayer requests: Please continue to pray:
for Bonnie's healing!
for Jean's healing!
for Nancy that she gets the AAA job!
for Miriam's healing for Miriam's hip!

No comments:

Post a Comment