Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Perfect in Weakness

From Sandy -
During the eleven months of Ron's illness, I have demanded many things of God.  I asked for Ron's healing and for Ron to come home.  The Lord answered by healing Ron and allowing him to come home.  However, as you know, Ron landed back in ICU after one week of being home in nine months.  When Ron was laying once again in a hospital bed, I have to admit I questioned the Lord.  Why would He allow Ron to come home for only one week?  Why would He allow Ron to come once again to the brink of death?  The only answers I got from these questions were more questions.  I finally came to the decision that I had to stop asking God for anything and simply trust His will in Ron's life as well as my own.

I have been weak and have had no earthly person to turn to.  This illness as well as my own health, has brought me to my knees.  Many times I have screamed at Jesus to help.  Many times all I could ask for was H E L P!  I would take help in any manner it came in as long as it came from the Lord.  I was truly despairing and struggling to get through each and every day.  But, I found through the suffering that I went through that I was perfect in my weakness.  The Lord was able to talk to me and make me and mold me during the times when I was down.  He was my strength and my shield against all the misery and suffering that I was going through.  The Lord has had my full attention throughout all of this and and I am strong because of Him.  I have had to put my trust in the Lord - not in my own strength.  I have finally been able to get out of God's way and allowed Him to do his perfect work. 

Ron is once again on the road to recovery.  He is off of the ventilator for the most part and his vital signs are doing well - so are his kidneys.  He will probably be going to the Step Down Unit at the hospital and from there back to a Rehab. Center.  Evidently God is not through with Ron yet.  I still believe that the Lord will save his life to save his soul. 

I feel I have learned such a valuable lesson this time around.  Again, the Lord makes perfection out of our weaknesses when we finally are able to surrender to Him and trust Him completely for the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment