Monday, December 5, 2011

Flat-lined

From Sandy -
Ron flat-lined this afternoon. His heart rate kept dropping. He was put back on a ventilator after having been taken off. I witnessed him flat-lining and I screamed "he's dying". A code blue was called and a dozen doctors and nurses came in. They wanted to know if I wanted him resuscitated. I screamed "yes" "yes". How could I allow him to die before my eyes. A nurse pounded him on the chest and he came back. They think he had another heart attack, but only the blood tests will tell for sure.
One thing I have learned from all of this - no matter what Ron and I have been through or put each other through in our marriage, I love him with all my heart and all my soul. I love this man whom I have spent 43 years with. I love this man who is the father of my children. I love him and I have to turned him over to the Lord. I still don't understand what this is all about because on Wednesday the doctor was talking about sending him back to Reche Canyon for rehab. Ron was able to talk to me at that time and was asking me questions about home and his dogs and cats. He was doing so well - and then, today he actually died for a few moments. I have a horrible headache right now and I am just numb. It is actually very therapeutic for me to share my experiences with you. Thank you for reading these posts.
I am eternally with the Lord. The Lord is eternally with Ron. I asked Ron tonight if he had accepted Jesus as his personal Savior and he said "yes". Haleluliah - Ron is saved. I still have hope although it has received a serious blow today. I always have faith - truthfully, I don't understand why the highs and lows in Ron's illness, but I will always trust the Lord.
Our Father who art in heaven, hallow would be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgives us our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil for thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever - a-men.

No comments:

Post a Comment