Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Serenity

From Sandy -
Ron is stable, but not off the ventilator. He looks healthy and his vital signs are good. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but today he is doing well.
There's been a change in Ron. He smiles instead of frowns and he doesn't seem to be as anxious as he once was. He wants to come home but he understands it will take time.
There is a serenity that envelops Ron that I have never seen before. He can't talk to me, but I think the Lord is making Himself known to Ron. Ron has indicated to me that he prays for himself. I told him there were many people praying for him and the Lord would listen to his prayers for help as well. Ron smiles at the nurses and always seems happy to see me. This has not always been the case. Many a time I would find Ron frowning and angry. I know that the Lord is working and moving in Ron's life. Ron has faced death several times in the past year. Yet, he pulls through - God has something in store for Ron and it will be great. Ron is fighting for his life and now he knows that the Lord is there to help him. He knows he is not fighting alone.
God bless Ron and keep him in His care!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment