Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Heaven

From Sandy -
Experiencing all the ups and downs over the past months and knowing that Ron's condition has worsened, I have turned my thoughts towards the dying process and what greets a soul once it slips away from the body.
Knowing Ron as I do, I know he has always been afraid of death and dying. Now, he is confronting his worst fear. I cannot bring myself to discuss with him the fact that he may be dying. I would not ever want to increase his fears or make things more stressful for him. More than anything, I want Ron to know Jesus as his Lord and Savior. I want Ron to be able to go to love and warmth and joy when he leaves this earth. I want Ron to know the love and peace that is waiting for him. I have said before that Ron is truly experiencing hell on earth and has suffered greatly with one infection after another - one setback after another - and his body is getting tired.
Still - I have hope. I am living Proverbs 3:5-6. These two verses are sustaining me and giving me peace of mind. I do trust in the Lord and I am trying not to force my understanding of the events that have brought Ron and I to this point in our lives. I acknowledge the Lord in every prayer and ask for His will to be done. I have committed Ron unto the Lord and know that He knows what is best for Ron. If Jesus decides to heal Ron - what a blessing that would be! If Jesus wants Ron to be with Him in Heaven - that is even a greater blessing!
I am trying to witness to Ron. I have told him that Jesus loves him and Jesus will help him - all he needs to do is ask through prayer. I don't know if I am getting through to Ron, but as long as Ron is alive and awake, I will tell him about Jesus. Ron's salvation is so important to me. I can't imagine Ron going anywhere but to Heaven. There, his body will be whole and strong and there will be a smile in his heart instead of grimmacing in pain. I will continually pray for Ron to truly get to know Jesus. This has to be the reason that the Lord has kept him alive through all of the setbacks - some way, some how, Ron will get to know his Savior. This I pray for and know that it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment