Thursday, March 24, 2011

When God delays

From Sandy -



I've never been one to have much in the way of patience. I always wanted Christmas to come right now - I wanted my birthday to come right now. In fact, I would have changed the date by a month or so when I was a child if I could have gotten to my birthday sooner. I hate waiting. I hate waiting at a red light or waiting in line. Patience is not my virture.



However, this waiting and the patience it requires while Ron is convalescing is the worst. I want Ron to get better now - I want to know when this waiting and agonizing will be over. I want health, peace and calm in our lives NOW.



God made Moses wait 40 years for the Promised Land. Job suffered miserably and waited for God. The most difficult ingredient of suffering to me is time. When a sorrow drags on, returning day after day with the same dull routine of hopeless despair, the heart loses strength. However as a reminder to myself and this entire world, God is still seated on His throne. Because of this assurance, we can calmly wait for the time when in joy and thanksgiving we will say "All things have worked together for good".

The Lord is with us and goes before us. He will not leave us nor forsake us - because of this promise I will fear not neither be dismayed. I will try to remember not to steal tomorrow from God's hands. I need to give Him the time to speak to me and reveal His will. He is never late - I must learn to wait.



Now what I have written above sounds so great - and easy. Trust me - it is not that easy for me. I know there is definite truth and wisdom in what I have addressed above, but when it comes to my own personal life - it's a process of leaning on the Lord and sometimes totally letting go of any thing I think I can do and letting the Lord take over. I believe this is called surrendering. To trust the Lord enough to let Him have the trials and then take His hand as he leads and guides.

It's all about trusting and believing in the Lord. I do believe His word and I do know that He loves even someone so insignificant as myself. He's told me He will help, He will heal, He will bless, He will bring peace and joy - "I know that He is able to do that which I've committed onto Him against this day".

No comments:

Post a Comment