Sunday, March 20, 2011

Put your hope in God

From Sandy-

Went to see Ron today. I knew something was wrong yesterday when I saw him because he was breathing rapidly and heavily. Today we found out he has pneumonia again - also his red blood cell count was low and there was talk of taking him back to the hospital for a blood transfusion.

He got so scared hearing these things because he is really trying and wanting to get better. I have shared my faith with him, but he doesn't say much - He does tell me he prays. I wish I could take his fear away, but just maybe the Lord is using these fears to get Ron's attention. I honestly don't know where Ron stands in his faith. I know he believes in God - I can only hope that he knows how much the Lord loves and cares for him. And, can help him get better if only Ron asks.

He is sitting up and exercising his legs and eating some things by mouth. He really wants to come home and I really want him to come home.

They got right on the pneumonia and started giving him Cipro (I think that's what it is called) - a very strong antibiotic. He is so prone to pneumonia because of the trach in his throat. They took another blood test and his red blood cell count was back to normal. So - tonight he gets to stay at the rehab. center. They will do another blood test tomorrow morning and see how he is doing. I am so happy with Reche Canyon Rehab. Center. The nurses and the doctor are so good to Ron. He is very well taken care of. Plus - he has a wonderful roommate named Jerry. Jerry came down with West Nile virus last summer and still cannot move his arms or legs very well. However he is off the ventilator and is Ron's voice when we are not there. What a blessing Jerry has been. When Ron needs anything he claps his hands and Jerry gets the nurse for him.

I know Ron is making progress even with the pneumonia. This morning he asked to be wheeled into the lobby where there is a giant aquarium and he actually read the newspaper sitting by the aquarium. This encourages me so much. I think Ron's interest in life is coming back and I know this will make him stronger in every way.

I have definitely prayed my heart out for Ron's recovery and for his roommate Jerry to be able to go home. I have every reason to believe and hope in my heart that they will both get to go home. The Lord hears all of our prayers and although it may seem like a long process to me - the Lord sees it in His time, not ours.

Psalm 138 vs.8 The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me; thy mercy, O Lord, endureth forever.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sandra,

    I tried to post on your blog yesterday. For some reason it didn't work and I lost it all. I wanted to tell you how much your trials and the faith you have going through them has touched me. I am so thankful that you are willing to share your heart with all of us. I, know for myself, that I am learning so much from you.
    I'm so sorry to hear that Ron has pneumonia again. I will kneel and pray about this as soon as I post my message. It is really good news though that Ron is getting stronger. I believe the Lord is giving him strength to get through this battle. The very fact that Ron has told you that he prays, says a lot. I'm sure that Ron has seen Christ in you. I'm sure that you have been a wonderful witness to him as you have been to all of us.

    Behold the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who hope for His lovingkindness, To deliver their soul from death, And to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him, Because we trust in His holy name. Let Thy lovingkindness, O Lord be upon us, According as we have hoped in Thee. (Psalm 33: 18-22)

    I do keep Ron & you in my prayers each day, and every time you come into my mind.

    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete