Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Lord maketh the storm a calm

From Sandy -

I feel like I have experienced several storms over the past 13 months. However, I am still here - healthy and well - and leaning forever on the Lord.

I was thumbing through my Bible and came upon these verses in the book of Psalms (which I do love). Psalm 107, vs. 27-29 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end. Then, they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.

Wow - these verses in the book of Psalms reached right out and grabbed me. I have literally reeled to and fro and staggered - I have been at my wit's end more than once. I too have cried unto the Lord in my trouble - He has brought me out of so many distresses. Even now He calms the storm for me and quiets the fears and anxieties.

I am still trusting the Lord to heal Ron. Ron is still on the respirator and feeding tube. However, he has passed the swallowing test so he will begin to be introduced to food by mouth. He has gotten stronger in his legs and today took 50 steps with the help of the physical therapist. I am constantly asking Jesus to be Ron's respirator instead of the machine. I have actually pictured myself bowed down at the feet of Jesus - touching his robe and asking him to touch and heal Ron.

I also have asked for the Lord's wisdom and guidance as I have to make so many financial decisions by myself. I will have to file for Medi Cal - Ron's bill for staying in the Rehab. center is $20,000 a month. I'm afraid we just can't afford that. I will see an attorney on Wednesday and he will be able to help me with the financial part of keeping Ron in Rehab.

I would just like to ask those who choose to - to pray that we can keep our home and pay the monthly bills. MediCal will ask for more than half of our income and that won't be enough to stay in our home. I know that the Lord - He it is that doth go before me; He is with me; He will not fail me nor forsake me; I will fear not nor be dismayed. I have to turn all the worries over to God. I have cried unto the Lord and He hears me. He will calm this storm as He has done so many times before.

No comments:

Post a Comment