Friday, March 18, 2011

Faith is not believing that God can, it is knowing that God will

From Sandy -

I went to the attorney day before yesterday and paid $10,000 for his assistance in applying for MediCal. I am afraid I went in trembling and broke down and cried. It was traumatic for me to see our money go so quickly for this dire need that we have found ourselves in. The day before that - last Tuesday - I wrote a check for $2662 for income taxes that we owe. I have never had to worry about finances. My husband Ron always took care of everything. Now I find that I have everything in my lap so to speak.

I have been praying for the Lord to hold my hand and lead me during this time of stress and anxiety. I seek his wisdom and ask for it on a daily basis. Yesterday I spent hours getting paperwork together and invoices for the attorney. Thank the Good Lord I was able to find everything I needed (which was alot) and take it to the attorney. They are so nice in that office and immediately I felt stress falling off of me. Everything is in the attorney's hands and he will file for MediCal for Ron and I. The Lord is blessing me throughout this process because I went away from the office feeling much relieved and thanking God for His hand in all of this.

I know that $10,000 is alot of money (at least for me). But I have to stress that it is only money and you can't take it with you. The Lord made it possible for us to have this money saved up and it was for a rainy day - the rainy day is here and the money was there for us to use.

Ron is progressing. Today he is going to try to eat lunch (for the first time since in the hospital). He has been fed by a Gtube in his stomach. He is actually doing exercises for his legs and he uses a device to exercise his lungs. He wasn't trying for the longest time and now he is definitely making an attempt to get better. This in itself is a prayer answered by God.

I just want to sum this all up by saying that we all know that God can do things - we have to exercise our faith and know that God will do these things for us. We may have to be very very patient, but God does answer and we can definitely believe that God will take care of our stresses and anxieties - we just have to ask in prayer for His devine help and know that He definitely will be there for us. He may not do things the way we want them done - but His ways are so much higher than ours and He does go before us so He knows what is out there and can take care of it before harm is done.

He will silently plan for us - wait on the faithfulness of God.

Just a footnote to say getting these feelings out here in words helps me. I read them and it strengthens my faith knowing how God continues to be my strength and my shield.

2 comments:

  1. Sandy, please know we continue to pray for God's evidence of His outstretched arm for you and Ron. I asked my growth group to pray for you as well. Your story has touched many hearts and God will turn this time of anxiety and fear into a time of praise. Thank you for sharing your full heart with us. It drives me to cuddle up next to my husband, warts and all. You, my dear, are a testimony to our Great God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie - thank you so much for your kind words. Your support encourages me to keep blogging. It's a blessing to me to put my trials out there and then to see how the Lord turns these trials into triumphs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete