Friday, October 29, 2010

Pain

From Sandy -

C. S. Lewis wrote: "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts to us in our pain: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world".

What C.S. Lewis wrote is so true. Speaking for myself, when things are going good, I don't listen very hard for God's voice. When I feel as if I have wronged someone or more importantly sinned against God, I hear him loud and clear. When I am in pain, I seek God and he surrounds me and speaks to me in every way possible.

I'm sure everyone has heard the saying "there is no gain without pain". Although I hate pain, I have learned the most valuable lessons by going through it. The fear and pain I have come through over the past few months have taught me all about God's love and how he is able to show it to us through his son and our savior, Jesus Christ. I did hear God - or "felt God's presence" in the pain and misery I found myself in. His megaphone reached my deaf ears and opened my heart to a loving Heavenly Father. My faith has grown and I know that God is real. I have learned to trust him and lean on him. Although I am weak, it is such comfort to know that he is strong and he is able to see me through anything. Because of the sacrifice that Jesus made, I am loved unconditionally and forgiven for my weaknesses.

Dealing with my fears, I actually made the time to stop and meditate. I took a time out from my busy life to think about Jesus and how he healed so many when he dwelt among us. I was able to envision him standing in front of me and putting his arms around me as I knelt before him. I could hear him whisper that he would heal me and be with me. It was a wonderful experience and I know that the Lord was right there with me to assure me and to still my fears.

I hate to admit it, but I am still a little fearful of my next surgery. Again, I will make time for meditation and seek the Lord's healing powers in my life. He is the Great Physician and he will be with me throughout this next go around with surgery.

I feel so blessed to have gotten this close to the Lord. Again, pain led me to him. If I ever had doubts before about God, they have totally gone away. I feel the Lord's presence with me and I know that he hears me when I come to him in prayer.

Living in this uncertain world, there is one certain thing - that is that God was and is and is to be and he loves even me!

No comments:

Post a Comment