Sunday, October 17, 2010

Autumn

From Sandy -

The year has passed by quickly and already we are looking at autumn leaves and pumpkins. This is my favorite time of year. Finally the summer heat is giving in to cooler gentler weather. The days are getting shorter and my favorite t.v. shows are back on.

My granddaughter and I went to church today and then picked up my husband and daughter to have lunch at Polly's Pies. My granddaughter is 9 years old and loves to talk. All during lunch she jabbered about everything under the sun as we ate. While we were sitting there I felt so blessed that I am alive and able to enjoy life. I looked at my little granddaughter with her freckles, red hair and braces and felt so blessed to have this beautiful child. I have taken so much for granted during my life - and now I am so thankful for eveything, even the small things like a denver omlette and country fried potatos.

After lunch, my husband went home and Lisa (my daughter), Cheyenne (my granddaughter) and I went to Tom's Farms to look at Halloween and Fall decorations for sale in the country store. Tom's Farms used to be just a vegetable and fruit stand but now it has a beautiful big country store and a wine and cheese store besides crafts sold outside, pony rides, horse carriage rides and more. It's always fun to go there and again I found myself being so grateful to be alive and enjoy this day that the Lord hath made. Because of the fear, despair and anxiety that I have experienced this year, I am especially grateful to be alive and enjoy family, the season and special places. The Lord has made me more aware of all my blessings. He has been with me to light the darkness I was in for many months of this year. It's amazing what God can do!! I feel healthy and strong even though I await another surgery.

As the red and gold Autumn leaves fall to the ground and the heat of Summer fades away, the worries and fears I had over the Spring and Summer have also fallen from my life and are fading away.

Thank the Good Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment