Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sharing my thoughts

From Sandy -

I find that as I get more comfortable with my situation and less fearful, I spend less time in prayer and reading the bible. I'm not proud of this fact and I know beyond all doubt that the Lord does come first in my life. However, life gets in the way and I allow it to happen. It's at these times when I hear a voice tell me - what's more important? - Cleaning your room and making that phone call or first spending time with the Lord to start the whole day off in the right way.

Since my surgery I am ashamed to admit that I sleep until 10:00 a.m. most mornings. Getting up this late means that 1/5 of the day is gone and I haven't even started it yet. I know that I have to discipline myself to spend time with God before I do anything. It's a gift from God to start the day off with him by my side. I always like to pray "Hello God, this is your day, I am your child, please show me the way". Sometimes my prayers are like a grocery list. I pray for my kids, my husband, my sister and her family, my friends, and of course my dogs, cats, and horses. Then I pray for my country, finances, forgiveness and myself. First and foremost God needs to hear our love and praise for him. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in me and my family that I forget to thank him for the very precious gifts he has given me. He has blessed me in a very special way in 2010 which has been a very trying year for me. Without these trials, I wouldn't feel as close to him as I do now. This year has sucked and I won't paint a rosy picture of what I've gone through but the Lord was with me and enabled this weak, scared and paranoid woman to get through the toughest of times - at least the toughest times I've ever faced.

I just wanted to share that when I spend time with the Lord, the day goes better. The line "Things go better with Coke" I've changed to "Things go better with God".

No comments:

Post a Comment