Saturday, October 23, 2010

It has been so long

Hello to all of you dear people,

I'm so sorry that I have not taken time to write to you. The only time that I am able to do that is when I am at my house. I haven't been there much. When I am there, it is very painful. Some day, I hope to share with you so many wonderful things that the Lord has done.

I also am having to do many things for the attorney, at the most difficult time of my life. Which is another thing I hope to share with you. There are some important things I have learned about trusts.

I have had you all on my mind. The Lord has been telling me to write out a prayer that I had written to Him after Gene's passing. I'm not sure why, but the Lord must want one of you to read it:

October 7, 2010

Dear Jesus,

Wow, I look at my last prayer and blog dated July 26th. Life was normal for me on that day. I don't remember why I hadn't written on the blog in the three days leading up to the 29th, the day of Gene's stroke, but life sure changed for us that day.

I have had my prayer times, of course, during the journey, but this is the first time back at my home. It is so bittersweet. I'm so sad that Gene isn't here with me. Yet, I'm so happy that he is with You, and that I KNOW it. Incredible! (Friends, Gene accepted the Lord on September 3rd! Your prayers were truly being answered! We prayed together, and it was beautiful! I will share more later.)Yet, I'm crying because it hurts so much, and I miss him so. It still doesn't seem real, but it is real.

All I know to say is Thank You for all the miracles You performed along the way. Thank You above all things for Gene's rededicating his life to You. Thank You for holding our hands as we went through this painful ordeal. Thank You for the prayers and comfort of family, friends, and people I didn't even know. I truly felt it.

Thank You for Your Powerful Love and the beautiful last night that Gene and I had together. We truly felt YOUR LOVE emanating in that room and between us as I held him in my arms.

I want so much to serve You. Please guide me each day. Please continue to shine Your lamp on my path. Please tell Gene that I miss him so much, and how much I love him.

I love You, dear Lord. Amen.

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith..." (Hebrews 12:2)

1 comment:

  1. Susan - your prayer is so beautiful. It brings tears to my eyes as I am writing this. Gene was fortunate to have you there with him. I am so glad he accepted the Lord. I continue to keep you in my prayers and know that the Lord will guide you throughout all of the things that you are dealing with right now. Just remember - the Lord does not give us more than we can bear.

    Love you,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete