Saturday, October 2, 2010

Colon surgery progress

From Sandy -

Just a short note to let everyone know I am doing well. The surgeon did remind me I had a "major surgery" and sometimes my body tells me that. I still get light headed when I first get up from sitting and I get tired after performing any kind of task, but at least I can get things done and feel like I am accomplishing something.

Yesterday I cleaned my living room and dining room. I hosed the deck around our pool and cleaned our patio. Besides doing that I was able to prepare dinner, clean up the kitchen, walk the dogs, and give the horses their last feeding for the day. Needless to say I was exhausted when my head hit the pillow, but I was so tired I couldn't fall asleep right away. Today I cleaned horse corrals (which I shouldn't have done because it tired me out way too much). I helped my daughter pack up her house because it is being tented for termites. I also prepared dinner, cleaned the kitchen, walked the dogs and fed the horses. I am tired right now I can tell you for sure. However, my body is allowing me to get these things done and I am so greatful to the Lord for healing me in such a way that I almost (not quite) feel normal again. I can't stand to lie around or sit around doing nothing, so I am so happy that I can do most of the things I did before. I still can't lift anything heavy, but I can lift more than I could two weeks ago.

It's just such a relief not to have this major surgery hanging over my head. I dreaded it and feared it and now I am so eternally happy and praise the Lord for giving me back "me". The worst thing about this whole process was fear. It just goes to show that the greatest thing to fear is fear itself. I have found peace of mind and it is such a blessing. This is also one of the precious gifts of God.

1 comment:

  1. Sandra,

    Wow! I hope you aren't over doing. I think it would be okay if you ordered take out at least! I'm thrilled and thank Jesus for your recovery, and the amazing witness you are to us.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete