Thursday, April 5, 2012

This evening, April 5, Ron went to be with the Lord

Ron's suffering ended this evening. My beloved husband went to be with the Lord tonight at 8:30 p.m. He fought the good fight, but tonight the battle has ended.
I feel pretty empty right now as I write these words. Ron was a good man who loved his family and adored his dogs and cats. He was a gentle man who had bouts of anger, but always knew how to say "I'm sorry".
Right now I'm at a loss for words because my heart hurts. I honestly thought Ron would be able to get better and come home, but that's not what happened. His body was tired and weak and Ron was simply worn out. He died with pneumonia, a collapsed lung, urinary tract infection, malnutrition, dehydration, congestive heart failure. At times during these past 15 months, he was able to fight off various forms of these illnesses, but to have them all together was just too much for his frail body.
I asked him not too long ago if he believed that Jesus was his Savior and he told me yes. I know that Ron is with the Lord - his body is whole and he can breathe and walk and talk. He is walking hand in hand with Jesus!!
I would write more but right now everything is pretty painful. I keep thinking I'm in a bad dream and that soon I will wake up, but that's not the case.
The Lord heard our prayers and took Ron to be with him!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment