Saturday, March 24, 2012

He is never late - learn to wait


It has been fifteen months yesterday since Ron had his heart attack that sent him to surgery and to months and months of hospitalization. I can't really say at this time that there has been much recovery involved in these months of watching Ron get better and then get worse. It seems that when he was most recovered a setback would take him back to ICU.
I cannot even begin to tell you of the discouragement that Ron, I and our family have felt during these times when he had a setback. I truly don't understand why Ron is still alive as he has endured infection after infection, a life threatening surgery, pneumonia, loss of blood, confusion and agitation, malnourishment, kidney failure. I probably still haven't covered all of the things that have gone wrong in the past several months.
Throughout his ordeal, I have tried to keep things "together". I have to admit that there were times I nearly lost it. I have had to face trials that I never thought would happen to us. I have not only faced trials concerning Ron, but my daughter had a breakdown during this time and I have had to put two of our pets to sleep. The struggle to "keep going" has been real and long and weary. I have found myself alone in making life and death decisions and making financial decisions.
During these months of sometimes being overwhelmed and feeling desolate, I have turned to the Lord for strength and support. He has not failed me. He has been my comfort when I felt so alone and lost. He has mapped my path so I would not get too lost and has brought me back to the straight and narrow when I wanted to run away. He is my comfort in my affliction.
I have so wanted this ordeal to end. I have always been an impatient person and waiting is not my best tribute to say the least. However, I am confident that the Lord is with us in this place where we find ourselves and He will act when He deems the time to be right. Without the grace of God, my heart would sink into despair. The Lord tells me in Romans 8:28 - All things work together for good to them that love God. Therefore, I wait upon the Lord to act on our behalf in His time. He goes before us and knows what is best for us. I wait upon the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment