Tuesday, March 6, 2012

One tough guy with God's grace


Ron had surgery yesterday for a bowel obstruction. It was a serious surgery and Ron came through it. As of today, he is doing well. The Lord is just not wanting to take Ron yet. I can't believe what my husband has gone through and he is still fighting. I am fighting right along with him. I have had to fight with nurses and doctors to just help keep him alive. So many times people have told me (including my daughter) to take him off of all life support and let him go. Of course, this decision was taken from me when Ron was able to speak and told his doctor he wanted full code - every action taken to keep him alive.
Ron wants to live and I feel that this is God-given. The Lord also wants Ron to live or He could have taken him 14 months ago, or 13 months ago, etc. etc. Each and every month for the last 14 months Ron has had a life-threatening setback and yet he is able to come back from the brinks of death. Two code blues - one was when his heart literally stopped beating - he made it through both of these with help of nurses and doctors. So many pneumonias and procedures done on him and he has made it through them all.
I don't know if Ron realizes what he has gone through - some of the time he was in a coma - but I know what he has gone through. It is a miracle that he is alive today. The Lord wants Ron here on earth for a little longer and that has become quite obvious to me. Jesus was with the surgeon yesterday guiding his hands. The surgeon is a Christian and he said Ron would make it through by God's grace. God's grace has guided all of us through 14 months of hell. God's grace is the strength that has seen me through all of the fears and struggles during this time.
All I can say is how can anyone get through this life without trusting the Lord. He told us that in this world there are many tribulations, but to fear not for He has overcome the world.
I am still taking life one day at a time - but each day provides me with a new revelation of God's greatness, grace, love, goodness and mercy. I remain in His care and pray that He will keep my family in His care.

No comments:

Post a Comment