Thursday, April 19, 2012

The first day of the rest of my life

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.  I am now a widow living in a house that belonged to Ron and I.  It is not a small house nor a large house, but it is my home and I appreciate the fact that I have a nice home to live in.  I have some lovely things in this home that Ron provided me with.  He was a provider and definitely was a generous man.  I still think I am in a dream world at times.  After living with someone for 44 years, I was so used to smelling the coffee in the morning and hearing the rattle of the newspaper as he sat in his favorite chair in the family room. 

Ron loved his country and worked for the Navy for 35 years.  He always kept up on the news.  FOX news was on t.v. almost every waking minute so Ron could know exactly what was going on.  He was a Republican and his views were strong.  He loved God and his country and now he is with the Lord.

Today is a beautiful day.  Spring flowers are blooming and the weather is warming.  I went out to look at some of my potted plants this morning, and to my surprise, an orange daisy was blooming that usually does not bloom twice in a year.  It bloomed weeks earlier and again there is a beautiful orange flower - looking at this flower, I suddenly realized that Ron is blooming up in Heaven.  It was almost as if the Lord whispered in my ear "see this plant, it is blooming and beautiful just as Ron is blooming and beautiful with me".  He has died to the old life of pain, sickness, weakness, illness, fear, stress, anxiety, and is experiencing love, peace, strength, joy, happiness and no trace of anything coming close to sickness.

I rejoice that Ron is with the Lord and he finally knows what true happiness and joy really are.  Although I miss him and I feel at times lost and lonely, I am so glad that Ron is through with the suffering and the pain.  Ron is blooming up in heaven.

Because Ron is experiencing a brand new and wonderful life far beyond what we as humans can comprehend, I will live my life the best I can.  Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I will be more giving, more caring, more loving, more helpful and always available to those in need.  I have to be self-sacrificing to help others.  I still don't know how this will come to pass - but the Lord knows and He will show me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment