Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Update

From Sandy -
Ron is back in the hospital after being at Reche Canyon Rehab for only 6 days. This time he was delirious, hadn't slept for 48 hours, needed a pint of blood, needed two pints of plasma, and he has blood in his stool.
I cannot believe everything he has been through. This is such a "never ending" series of infections and setbacks. I do feel worn out. I hate hospitals and right now I am feeling discouraged. I still have faith but there's a challenge at every corner. Every time I believe things are getting better, they get worse.
I love the Lord with all my heart and soul and always will. Nothing can separate me from my love and trust in Him. However, that being said, I have to wonder why so many setbacks and why such a long illness. I don't understand what the Lord is doing here and I am asking Him for clarification. Maybe he wants to get Ron's attention. Maybe He is using this illness to teach me more about faith and trust. I don't really know at this point. I do know that I have to hang on to hope. I won't let go of it. I keep telling Ron to hang on to hope. The Lord's timing is not ours - I have to turn this illness and everything that goes along with it over to the Lord. I cannot control any of these events that are happening in our lives. However, the Lord can and I trust and rely on Him.
I am at the point that there is nothing I can do but pray. Nothing I can do but trust in the Lord. Nothing I can do but turn all of these trials over to my Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment