Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fear is the enemy

From Sandy -
I have to be truthful today and let you know that I am experiencing fear. Fear of the unknown regarding MediCal for Ron and fear regarding our petition that the attorney will bring before a judge on Thursday of this week. I also have the ongoing concern and worry for Ron's health and welfare. It's been almost seven months now that Ron has either been in the hospital or in a rehabilitation facility. I'll never forget the night he was taken by ambulance to the hospital, he told me he would be home in a few hours and that was December 23, 2010. How devastating life situations can be. Not only for Ron and I, but there are so many others out there suffering even worse than we are.
I have been blessed with a good attorney and lots of friends that care about us. Of course, there is my wonderful daughter that has experienced everything I have been going through because she is so there for Ron and I. She has devoted so much time and financial help to the predicament we now find ourselves in. But most of all I have the Lord. He is with me and will not forsake me. He tells me not to be afraid - being human, sometimes that's a hard request to honor. However, through all of my life experiences, I have found that when I trust the Lord, He makes a path for me to follow and the fears go away. He calms the storms in life - He sends blessings to replace all the fear. How I love the Lord.
Fear is our enemy. There is a saying that makes so much sense - You can measure your fear by the distance you are from God. Right now I have not prayed this morning and I have not read my Bible. I feel alot of fear. It's a scary week anyway considering our attorney goes to court for us on Thursday. MediCal will leave us with $2,000 a month to live on. That is just not going to be enough for anyone that has a mortgage and expenses. Therefore, the attorney has a list of all of our monthly expenses and will bring this list (petition) before a judge so we can get some of our income back. I pray for God's blessing on this petition. I pray for the Lord to be there in the courtroom to grant us our income back. I know that the Lord will be there for me. I know that He will work to make a way for us to live in our home and pay our bills.
I have to lean hard on the Lord right now and I have to rebuke the fear that creeps into my mind like the fog rolling in from the ocean. I have to use my faith as a wall to keep the fear from overpowering me.
Psalm 115:11,12 - "Ye that fear the Lord, trust in the Lord: he is their help and their shield. The Lord hath been mindful of us, he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel: he will bless the house of Aaron." This is the verse I opened to this morning. I think the Lord is telling me something. He will bless the house of the Briddicks'. I know He will. I know that the Lord is my help and my shield. I know that the Lord is with me. Faith only comes to us by going through trials. These trials have increased my faith in the Lord. I know He hears our every prayer and He knows what is going on with Ron and I. In all my ways I will acknowledge Him and He shall direct my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment