Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just for today

Things are actually looking a little bit better today. Ron is doing well. They have introduced food to him and he got to drink a glass of milk and a glass of orange juice. He is down to 121 pounds so he really needs to put some weight back on in a big way. He is able to do some exercises and is able to work the controller to the t.v. so he can watch his favorite t.v. show - American Idol. He looks good and seems to be feeling better. I am also very happy with the way Inland Valley Rehab. has taken care of him. They are there 24/7 to meet his needs when he presses the nurse button. They keep him clean and his room clean. So today, I am feeling pretty good about Ron's chances of coming home once again. Of course, it's always in the Lord's hands and His will to be done, but I can't help but think God's will is to bring Ron home.
I am also feeling better. My knee is still red and a little swollen, but I can do everything with it except bend on my knee and put weight on it. The light headedness and lack of energy that I was experiencing are gone and I no longer have that terrible taste in my mouth or an extreme thirst. It's nice to be able to say today that things are all right and maybe even more than a little all right.
This just goes to show me that the Lord moves in His own time. He is not as rushed as we are to get things done and He sees the whole picture, whereas we only have a very narrow view. He takes care of many things for us instead of the one small item that we so desperately want fixed.
From inside the fish Jonah prayed... "In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From the depths of the grave I called for help, and you listened to my cry." —Jonah 2:1-2
How true is this verse - the Lord has always heard me in my distress and He has always been there to help. Great is His faithfulness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment