Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Lord - He it is that doth go before thee


God is such a mystery. He knows the beginning and the end of our lives and yet he leaves the choices in life up to us. He goes before us - He knows where the path we are on will lead and I know that there are times in life when He intercedes for us. He has saved me from many a disaster in my life and He has covered me with His grace and truth. I know Him and yet I don't know Him. He is a wonderful and majestic mystery that follows me all the days of my life. He has given us His only son to show just how much He loves us. Jesus Christ is God's pure love and forgiveness. In one man, the Lord God Almighty provided us with mercy, grace and truth and unconditional love. When I stop to think about how much the Lord loves me, it is an amazing miracle. The love He has for me and all of us is nothing short of a miracle. I am so human and sometimes so selfish and judgmental and yet He loves even me. My body is not whole, I am getting older and can't do what I used to do and yet He still loves me. He provides me with guidance when I am willing to be led. He provides me with wisdom when I am willing to accept His wisdom. He has never failed me nor forsaken me in spite of my sinful nature. I can't sometimes comprehend how great and wonderful He is - how small and insignificant I am - and yet He still loves me!!
The Lord went before Ron and I during a terrible time of uncertainty, sickness, even threats to our having a home and an income to live on. I have felt His guiding hand throughout the months of distress and uncertainty. The Lord does go before us and provides the help we need in our desperation and weakness. I have felt His guiding hand and heard His gentle voice revealing to me the path ahead and telling me of promises not yet fulfilled. I am truly His and He is mine.
What a friend we have in Jesus - all our sins and griefs to bear. What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment