Saturday, October 22, 2011

Meditation and Prayer

From Sandy -
I am going to make this a short post, but I have to tell you what happened to me this morning. I was reading bible verses and my "streams in the desert" and then just took some time to stop and think about Ron's situation. I don't really know that Ron has accepted Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior. He has used Jesus's name as a swear word. I know for certain Ron believes in God, but not so sure he accepts Jesus as his Savior.
As I was pondering over this, a thought came into my mind that was like an electric shock. It was this - Ron's life will be spared so his soul can be saved. I do believe this with all my heart and soul. After all, God told me. I want Ron to be able to go to sleep some day and wake up in heaven. I want both he and I to be assured of this. I know this is God's will. I know Ron will come home. He may have to have palliative care or hospice, but he is coming home. I have asked the Lord to allow him to be home for at least one year. I will do everything in my power to bring Jesus to Ron - if he won't listen to me, I'll find someone who he will listen to.
I can't believe all the changes in me since my surgery and Ron's surgery and condition. The Lord is so real to me and He is my constant companion. This year has been pretty crappy, but how can you put a price on faith - and that's a gift that the Lord has given to me. Growing in faith has only come through experiencing trials and pain. But what a blessing faith is - it's simply the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment