Thursday, October 20, 2011

Code Blue and ICU

From Sandy -
I went to see Ron yesterday and he could not be awakened. His blood pressure was o.k. and his oxygen level was o.k. I had just talked to the doctor about sending Ron back to Reche Canyon Rehab for a couple of weeks before he would come home. All of a sudden Ron's oxygen level dropped to the 70's and he was in very grave condition. Nurses and doctors started running into his room and a code blue was called. He was then transferred to ICU and remains in critical condition.
I'm sorry, but I truly am struggling with all of this and the Lord's plans for Ron. This is so devastating and I am walking around in a dark cloud. I know we don't always know the answers to life's questions. Only God knows what is going on right now in Ron's life and why it is going on. I have no clue as to why this is happening. I fight back with constant prayer and ask the Lord for strength. I just don't understand why Ron was only home for 7 days before he had to go back to the hospital and is now in critical condition. I find it really hard to let go of Ron. I keep asking the Lord to heal him and bring him back home. I can't even entertain the other thought of Ron's passing. I still feel that Ron is not done here yet. His life is needed for whatever purpose the Lord sees fit. This is a very strong feeling in my soul and when I think of anything else, I always come back to the fact that Ron is not done yet here on earth.
I have no wisdom to give anyone at this point. My spiritual life is being taxed to the limit - and yet I still knw that the Lord is with us. Sometimes it is so hard to understand and we simply have to accept the fact that we cannot understand. I still trust the Lord and still look to Him for strength. I always think about Job and everything he suffered. The Lord allowed him to suffer and in the end took care of him. We don't come close to the suffering Job endured, but nonetheless, Ron and I are in a very "suffering" place right now.
Please pray for Ron to recover and come home. I am asking the Lord to allow him to at least be here for one year - or more if the Lord sees fit. I love my husband and my heart is aching for him. I continually pray for the Lord to guide the hands and the minds of the nurses and doctors who are caring for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment