Monday, October 24, 2011

James 5:15

From Sandy -

Ron is still in ICU - now he is considered stable and not guarded. He is still on the ventilator, but they are trying to wean him off of it.

This is a continuous struggle for him and for me. I struggle with this setback and the suffering that Ron has had to go through. I know Ron is struggling with life itself. When will all of this end? When will the rainbow appear and the sunshine light our way?

I ask these questions continually. HOWEVER, I came upon the verse James 5:15 "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven". This verse is my lifeline. It encourages me to keep praying, keep believing and knowing that the Lord will save Ron's soul. God's word is always there to sustain me and give me hope when everything seems so hopeless.

Another verse in James is James 5:16 "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"
How I hold on to these verses. The Lord gave them to me and I will always hold them in my heart. I am praying fervently for Ron to get off the ventilator, be well enough to come home, and come to know Our Savior Jesus Christ. If anyone cares to pray this as well for us, what a blessing that would be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment