Saturday, November 6, 2010

Loss and Gifts

From Susan--

Dear friends,

I have so much on my heart to share with you. I want to try and share my prayer journal with you for now, as time permits. Hopefully, later, I will be in a place where I can take time to share other things from my heart. I hope someone will be blessed.

Dear Jesus,

I know I haven't been in the Word or concentrating on You as I should. I know You understand. My mind has not healed, and I am being torn from so many sides. There is so much. All intermingled with grief, finances, and dealing with the attorney. I feel like so many things are being taken away that I loved and that was my life.

I do believe You have shown me that I need to sell the house. I have so many wonderful memories there. I fell in love with it the day we first drove up to it. I didn't think we were going to get it, but You worked it out.

The minute we walked into it, even vacant, it felt like home. It has been a blessing to live there. We have wonderful neighbors, and a view of your magnificent creation to wake up to every morning. It was a wonderful place for Gene and me. It is hard to let it all go, especially so soon after losing Gene.

Yet, when I'm there at night, it is just so lonely. The kids and grandkids aren't close by, and of course, the neighbors can't console me every night, though James and Marla are trying. When I look at those realities, I realize, it is the right decision.

Please guide me every step of the way, let me not turn from Your path.

In an article by Joan Ball that I read today after writing my prayer journal, Joan had this to say: "These experiences (for her) were exercises in letting go and recognizing that everything we owned was a gift rather than a right."

I am always so amazed at how the Lord meets me right where I am.

Thank and Praise You Dear Lord! Amen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan - Your prayer is so beautiful. I know you are going through alot and I do keep you in my prayers. I'm so sorry that we don't live closer so I could be there for you. You are a strong person and will get through these trials and sad days. The Lord will provide you with a new home - let Him guide you in every decision you make. He will not leave you nor forsake you!

    I love you Susan.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete