Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Finding Light in the Darkness

From Sandy -

What Susan posted touched my heart. I know that she is going through pain and loneliness right now. I have experienced similar pain and loneliness, brought on by something totally different.

No one walks through this life without pain and suffering. We all experience things in our lives that have brought on misery and darkness. Sometimes life is filled with trepidation, worry, fear, stress. At these times it feels like we are groping in the dark for some kind of guidance and light to get us through these dark places.

I was groping through some of my darkest times this Spring when I was told about the condition of my colon. Again, with the reminder of another surgery, I am finding some dark times. The one way to overcome this unbearable darkness is to seek out the light. The light is our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes the brightest victories hide in dark places. We can either become bitter and broken during these times, or we believe and become better people by accepthing these trials with trust in our Lord.

I choose to seek the light in the darkness. Jesus is the light of the world. I know I can come to him and lay before him all of my needs. He already knows the depth of my darkness, but he loves to hear his children ask for help. Although we come face to face with our inadequacies, it's our inadequacies that bring us face to face with the sufficiency of God. God is sufficient to see us through any trial. Once I keep my eyes focused on Jesus, I know all things work together for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment