Friday, January 13, 2012

Trusting God When We Don't Understand


Frequently during the past two years I have questioned the Lord. I have asked in prayer for so many things. The past two years have been filled with fear, uncertainty, life and death issues, financial woes, loneliness, heartache, misery, doubts - I could go on, but I think you know what Ron and I have been through. Many of my prayers were answered and some have not been answered. I continue to not understand why Ron is living in a cycle of ICU, Step down unit, and then Rehab. He is due to go back to Reche Canyon for Rehab., but I have to be totally honest and reveal that so many times my hopes were high only to be dashed by another trip by ambulance to the ER and ICU.
I do know one thing - I will always trust in the Lord. Job didn't understand when he went through all the fiery trials, but he always trusted the Lord. The Bible is full of the word "trust".
Psalm 112:7,8 - He shall not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord. His heart is established, he shal not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.
This is only one of many verses in the book of Psalms talking about trust. When times are rough, that's when our trust goes to work. I have trusted the Lord throughout these past two horrible years. I have seen the Lord work in wondrous ways and I have also seen the cycle that Ron is in. This is what I don't understand. However, the Lord knows what He is doing and I will trust Him with everything that is within me. There is a purpose to this and someday I will see it.
Psalm 46:5 God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved; God will help her when morning comes. Psalm 125:1 Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.
These verses sustain me and they are God's promises. I stand by these promises. I may not understand what is going on - but this I do know - these two years of fears and trials have brought me to my knees in the presence of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to do that which I've committed onto Him against that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment