Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year - hopefully a better one


Ron is still in ICU. He is off of the ventilator but he has gotten another infection. I took a bad fall Thursday night while walking my dogs and I now have a knee that is infected. It is twice the size of the other one and is red, hot, and very painful. I had to go to the hospital for it and now I am on antibiotics. Because of my infection, I cannot go into Ron's room. I was able to talk to him from the doorway, but he got upset seeing me in a wheelchair. I can hardly walk on my leg and had to be wheeled around the hospital by my daughter. I'll heal.
My daughter is not handling these life situations well at all. Being a diabetic, she has to keep her stress under control and believe me her stress is not in control. I continue to worry about Ron and my daughter and my little mishap did not help my daughter at all. I just keep praying for God to take all of this and bless us someway, somehow. I am really having a hard time myself right now. I've been in this place before, but it is so wearing and so tiring to not be able to see beyond some pretty dark days.
I just want to share that I know the darkness will break out into dawn. I know "this too shall pass". I just get discouraged sometimes and feel as if I cannot take anymore. I will continue to pray for my family - especially my daughter and Ron. I ask the Lord to grant them both serenity and hope. I ask the Lord to surround each of them with his love and care. I keep trusting Him to take this misery and make it into something that brings happiness and smiles to our lips. I know that the Lord is close to us and He is watching over us.
I pray for a better year.

No comments:

Post a Comment